I’m happy to announce that my novel An Illusion of Trust is a finalist for the 2014 eFestival of Words Best of the Independent eBooks Awards in the Best General Fiction category. And I need your help to win. I’m asking you to vote for my book.
You have to register before you can vote. It’s completely free, of course. If you registered to vote last year and still remember your login, you’re all set. Please vote for An Illusion of Trust in the General Fiction category. (And remember, you can vote once in each category.)
Some people have found registering a little confusing, particularly when they got to the “reveal code” part. But don’t worry, I’m making it easier for you with screen shots!
1. Go to the eFestival of Words site. (Clinking the link, will open a new tab or window, so you’ll still be able to see these instructions.)
2. You will arrive at the portal page. If you’re not registered, the first step is to register. (See arrow in image below.) If you are registered, login and skip to #5.
3. On the next page you’ll fill in your name, email, etc. and below that is the “reveal codes” section. (This is like a Captcha to verify you’re a real person.) Most people see an image, usually asking you to pick one answer (like image 1). When you do that, code words will be revealed and you’ll type them in the edit box. Then scroll down to check the user agreement and Submit. (See images below.)
Some people have to click to play a video and the code words pop up after a couple of seconds (you can type in the words as soon as they appear). Some people have been lucky and got one of the reveal code images with the code words already revealed (like image 2) and you only have to type them in. And others have seen an image asking a question such as “Which one is yellow?” If you see such an image, you’ll also see an arrow at the end of the edit box (where you type the code words) click it and the answer to the question (“yellow submarine”) will appear in a drop down box.
4. Next you see a page with offers from sponsors. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO SELECT ANY!!!
5. After that you’ll be taken to a Thank You page and you’ll automatically be logged in. Click the word Portal at the top of the page. That will take you to the page pictured below. Click the words Congratulations to the 2014 Finalists! (See arrow.)
6. That will take you to the page of categories. Scroll down to Best General Fiction and click to vote. (See image below.) On the next page you’ll find An Illusion of Trust, Linda Cassidy Lewis (Two-Four-Six Publishing) which you will select and then click the Submit Vote button.
That’s it, you’re done! And I thank you, thank you, thank you for taking the time to vote for my book.