For over seven years, I’ve been a published novelist, but I also write short stories. And now I’d like to tell some of those stories to you. My new book, The Silence In Noise and Other Stories, is a collection of short fiction. The stories range from one to twenty pages and offer fascinating, poignant, and often dark glimpses of ordinary people in critical moments.
- Balance: After tragedy strikes a close-knit family, a grieving father’s inability to cope leads to a horrifying resolution.
- Straightening the Curves: Nicole made a bad choice when she married Russell. Yet when she finally leaves him, it’s to his family she runs.
- Unspeakable Words: A young woman receives soul-shattering news.
- A Beautiful Man: James is only a small-time con artist until he meets the wealthy Ann. You’d think he’d be satisfied with his new Manhattan lifestyle, but James has a wandering eye and a greedy heart.
- A Heart Next to Mine: Jesse fled a dreaded future underground in the coal mines, but two decades later, he’s a solitary man, emotionally buried just as deeply.
- Meditation: A cynical woman rejects the possibility that something good is happening to her.
- My Name is Amy Walls: When Amy awakens one Sunday morning to a terrifying new world, her struggle to survive begins.
- Ambition: Kelly Jean is determined to get out of Mossy Creek. Unfortunately, her boyfriend doesn’t much care for her plan.
- Act in Haste: Stan sees himself as a stand-up guy, but a strange encounter late one night leads to a different judgment.
- Blood Relation: Janine is a tormented mother who lashes out with tragic consequences.
- Existence: In the near future, strict governmental rules severely impact the life of a teen.
- Better Left Alone: Newly divorced, Teresa succumbs to temptation when her teen heartthrob, claiming to have never forgotten her, reaches out.
- Perchance to Dream: All is not as it seems when Nina prefers to spend her time dreaming of a man who is not her husband.
- Secrets and Shadows: An unusual shadow embodies a child’s fears.
- The Tisserand Phenomenon: The secret to phenomenal success for one New England family’s business lies deeper than anyone imagines.
- Sight Unseen: Elise’s decision to meet a man she’s known only online ends in surprise.
- The Silence in Noise: Beth’s drive to be the perfect mother has devastating repercussions.
IN OTHER NEWS
The Kindle version of my romantic comedy Love & Liability is on sale the whole month of December for only $.99! This is book 2 in my High Tea & Flip-Flops series “starring” Chelsea & Jeremy. I’m working on the last of that trilogy now.
If you celebrate a holiday this time of year, I wish you a wonderful one!